, Indonesia
Stock photo.

SSP Group enters JV with Indonesian F&B group PT Taurus Gemilang

SSP Group will own 60% of the new company created through the JV.

SSP Group has entered into a joint venture agreement with F&B group PT Taurus Gemilang.

PT Taurus Gemilang is one of Indonesia’s biggest lounge operators, which manages 11 Executive Lounges at selected Airports, including Jakarta, Surabaya, Bali, Palembang, Pekanbaru and Balikpapan Airport.

SSP will own 60% of the new company, with TG owning the remaining 40%. The move marks SSP’s entry into Indonesia for the first time and is the latest step in the company’s ongoing expansion across the high-growth Asia Pacific region.

As a result of the new joint venture, SSP will operate 13 outlets, 12 of which are located at I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, and one at Juanda International Airport in Surabaya. These are currently a mix of TG’s brands, as well as several local franchised brands, including Made’s Warung Balinese restaurant and coffee brand Revolver.

ALSO READ: Uber enters $1.25b deal with Delivery Hero for Taiwan business

The new JV is expected to assume operations of TG’s current units at Bali and Surabaya later this summer, subject to obtaining the necessary consent. The management team and colleagues based in those locations will transfer to the new company upon completion of the deal.

Follow the link for more news on

Join QSR Media Asia community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!