News
LEGAL | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

BreadTalk Group to launch first Wu Pao Chun bakery in Singapore in 2019

The first store under the partnership will be located in Capitol Piazza.

BreadTalk Group and Wu Pao Chun Food (WPC) have signed a joint venture agreement to launch Wu Pao Chun in Singapore and Hong Kong.

BreadTalk will have a majority stake of 80% while the remaining 20% will go to WPC. The first store under this partnership is set to launch in Capitol Piazza, Singapore in 2019.

“It’s our honor to partner BreadTalk Group for the second phase of our international growth plan. We learnt key insights from our collaboration with BreadTalk Group since March and look forward to embarking on this successful journey together in Singapore and Hong Kong,” Wu Pao Chun, founder of Wu Pao Chun Bakery, said.

March 2018 saw BreadTalk Group and WPC first entered a partnership to open the bakery chain in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Its flagship store will launch in Shanghai on November.

"We look forward to leverage on our market knowledge of Singapore and Hong Kong to serve our fans in these cities with Wu Pao Chun's award-winning bread series," chairman of BreadTalk Group George Quek said.

Wu Pao Chun Bakery already has three flagship stores in Taiwan, located in cities of Taipei, Taichung and Kaohsiung.

(Photo credit: BreadTalk Singapore Facebook)

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.