,Singapore

Burger King makes a comeback in Israel

It wants to open 50 branches over five years.

Burger King has revived its appetite for the Israeli market, as the restaurant chain re-launched in Tel Aviv following a six-year absence.

According to a Israeli business newspaper Globes, Burger King plans to roll out a total of 10 branches in Israel within 2016, with an initial investment of about US$12m.

In the long-term, the chain aims to open a total of 50 branches in the country over the next five years. There are currently no plans for expanding by franchising, as all 50 branches will be owned by Burger King Israel.

Burger King Israel is backed by Pierre Besnainou, who owns 75% of the Israeli operation, in partnership with Steve Benchimol. A third party holds the remaining 25% of the shares.
 

Join QSR Media Asia community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

The range is first accessible via Deliveroo.
QSR Brands is also donating 70,000 limited-edition KFC face masks to frontliners.
Plans are understood to be preliminary.
The brand hopes to find success in the competitive food category.
The new item is available at participating locations through October 18.
The latest move is part of the company’s series of forays to integrate plant-based alternatives.
The company operated 390 Yoshinoya and 189 Dairy Queen restaurants in China as of the end of 2020.
Interstate franchise opportunities will open up once the brand has established its presence in NSW.
The 15-meter traveling kitchen will allow the brand to expand its presence in both existing and new markets without traditional overhead costs.
The South Korean bakery chain will also include a vegetarian menu and vegetarian options for main dishes.